Saturday, March 12, 2011

Japan/My earthquake experience

  Did you hear about Japan? yes you probably did.
  On Friday(in korea), I took a nap after school and woke up at around 7. So I was in bed, checking twitter, and all the tweets are like, #prayforjapan. and I'm like, "whaaat? what happened while I was sleeping?!"  So there was a huge earthquake, and tsunami, too.....
  And my mind was like, dazed/shocked/surprised, I'm not sure how to described it. But y'know, Japan is 2hrs away from korea by plane ride. So the earthquakes and stuff was so close to us! I'm surprised we didn't even feel a little bit of a shake/aftershock. But if the country Japan wasn't there, like if there was no sort of landmass there, all that stuff would have happened to us... Okay this sounds kinda heartless, as if I'm thanking japan for being there, but noo. The whole thing just made me stop and think. About life. How things just happen out of the blue. yeahh, this paragraph doesnt really make any sense..
  So I watched a couple of the earthquake vids on youtube, and I was very surprised. The people were so calm! And the fact that some people were actually filming during an earthquake. If I feel an earthquake, I go absolutely nuts, because I'm terrified of earthquakes. haha they're one of my biggest fears/natural disaster I'm most scared of. I would either be a) screaming b) frozen in place/in shock c) hiding under the desk d) running outside, or e) have a heart attack because I would be like, "OMG I might die today", because dying is my number 1 fear, to tell you the truth. -.- I can't imagine not living anymore, and I don't care if you are in peace, or out of pain. I'd rather live forever. lol. anyways,

  I have felt an earthquake before. I lived in CA for most of my life, and theres alot of earthquakes there. and in the summer once, there was a 5.5? earthquake, and it lasted for about 15 seconds. I was in my sister's bedroom, and I had to practice the violin( which I hated, so I would practice one piece, sit on bed and daydream for 5 mins, play for another minute, daydream again, haha. So I was sitting on the bed, and I heard a loud bang! from the door so I thought it was my mom barging in. But the door stayed closed, and I just heard a loud rumble. For some strange/dumb reason, I thought it was my little brother riding the scooter on our wooden porch, cuz it made the same sound. But then, the house starting shaking, so I was dumbfounded for about 3 seconds, thinking "why is the house shaking..?" then I was all like, earthquake! And I froze in place. So then, my mom came running in and was like "Don't just stand there! MOVE! what if the bookcase falls on you?" So then I ran out, panicking in my own way, and my 3 year old brother was just rolling around on the floor watching TV, and he said he didn't feel anything -.-

So thats my earthquake experience. hehe... x)

So pray for japan :) they say japan is really used to earthquakes, but still. a natural disaster is still a natural disaster. so, I'm not sure how to put this in words, because my English is lacking here. But yeah, to sum it up, I'm praying for Japan. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment